Monday 14 February 2011

Put it down for 5 mins and now I can't find it again.....

...my blogging mojo, that is.  I know it's been a while, and, of course, my life bimbles along at its own pace.  It hasn't been completely uneventful - some reasonably mundane stuff has occurred that I would have discussed in the past but now feel unable to, which is both annoying and sad as I now feel that a large chunk of my life cannot be related in public; some pretty bloody exciting stuff has also occurred that I promise I will tell you about eventually, when it's all finalised - it's just a bit premature at the moment and I'll look a berk if I tell you all and then it doesn't come to pass; and ordinary, everyday stuff has happened that other, better, writers could take and weave magical posts as if spun from gold but which I will just turn into something lumpen and bovine.

Spring is emerging in the outside world.  It's Valentine's Day today.  Egypt has just gone through the most remarkable two weeks. I've just finished reading a brilliant set of wartime books (Zoo Station, Silesian Station, Stettin Station and Potsdam Station by David Downing) and am completely spellbound by the current Danish murder-mystery series on Saturday nights (The Killing /Forbydrelsen by Soren Sveistrup).  I'm about to finish my latest crochet project and start on something else.  And I can't be arsed to blog about any of it.  For now, at any rate.

So please forgive my current silence, but I promise I'll be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good :-)

Anonymous said...

There must be something going around in the blogosphere: a number of bloggers that I follow seem to have lost the will to blog lately. Or - horrors! - maybe it's all my fault for following those particular blogs??? (Sorry, sorry - please pretend I'm not here and come back soon!)