Sunday 23 May 2010

Hide the sharps....

Okay, so, I think I need to explain here.  Way back on 18 March this year, I did a blog post about shaving my legs.  I put up this picture to show there was little damage:

See just that little graze there?

What I should have done, and didn't for some reason, is explain that this was noteworthy in my life because this is what usually happens:


Yes, this is a complete gouge.  It hurt to fuckery too.  Wanna see it closer?


In hindsight, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to use the same razor that I'd just been using to shave off all the rock hard little cotton bobbles that had formed on the bottom sheet on our bed which made it feel like you were lying on gravel.  Yes, I've been shaving the bed.  Perhaps an electric razor is really the best way for me to go, less chance of killing myself.  Although I have been quite badly electrocuted before, so maybe not. Dang, maybe I'll just have to take to wearing ankle length skirts and letting it all grow out.....

5 comments:

Green V-Neck said...

You know you are required to wear Birkenstocks with ankle-length skirts, right? That's how we hippies roll.

Mrs Jones said...

Deb - not a problem, I live in Birkenstocks anyway. Haven't quite migrated over to Fitflops but it's probably only a matter of time...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you gored yourself with a slightly-used razor, but at least your nail polish is an awesome colour! I used to have some similar to that, but it's long gone, and may have actually belonged to DD, which would explain why it's now gone.

Mrs Jones said...

Pinklea - I don't know if you get Rimmel cosmetics where you are, but if you do, it's from their 60 seconds nail varnish, no. 819 'Green with envy'. It's a fab colour, I got a blue one as well but haven't tried it yet as this colour goes with everything I wear. I can't wear varnish on my fingernails but I do put it on my toenails just to make my feet less pukesomely fugly....

Anonymous said...

I second your comments on Rimmel 60 seconds and the reason for putting varnish on toes. Exactly why I do it! Embrace the hair. it's the new black, apparently.